CBN Asia is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and your personal information is properly handled in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (R.A. No. 10173). This Privacy Notice describes how we manage your personal data, particularly in relation to your donation, prayer request and/or items purchased through the gift section of the CBN Asia webpage.
What Kind of Information is Collected?
Unless you expressly indicate your desire to remain anonymous with your donation, we require minimum collection of personal information from you such as:
- Mobile number
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
Your personal e-mail address and telephone / mobile number will be used for donor communication updates, announcements, and seasonal greetings. Your mobile number will also be used for sending an SMS donation acknowledgment as confirmation that your donation has been received.
We may collect further information like your mailing address, for the purpose of delivering letters, donation receipts or other gift items from CBN Asia.
How Information Can Be Disclosed
CBN Asia generally does not disclose to third parties personally identifiable information. Occasionally, we may share such information with third parties which may be engaged by CBN Asia specifically to handle and deliver certain online activities. Said third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their services but may not use it for other purposes.
We may also disclose personally identifiable information to third parties in order to comply with our laws and regulations, judicial processes, directives of our law enforcement agencies; to maintain and protect the security of our website; or to take reasonable measures to protect the rights, property or safety of CBN Asia; and for other legitimate grounds.
How We Keep Your Information Secure
We use and periodically review our physical, technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. Access to your information is limited to CBN Asia personnel who have a legitimate interest in them for the purpose of carrying out their official functions or duties.
For example, CBN Asia strives to provide access to only those employees and third parties with contracts, performing a legitimate business function and authorized to process personal information.
Despite our stringent measures, please be aware that no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable. To that end, CBN Asia will notify users of a data breach whenever we determine that this is reasonably necessary under the circumstances and is in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
How Long We Will Keep Your Information
We keep personal information we collect from you for as long as necessary legitimate business purposes, and for as long as it is reasonably necessary to provide you with ministry updates and activities to enhance your spiritual journey and partnership with us. Retention of the foregoing personal information will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- The purpose for which we are using it— CBN Asia will need to keep the foregoing personal information for 5 years according to the said purpose.
- Legal and regulatory obligations— Laws and regulations may set a minimum period for which CBN Asia will need to keep the said personal information, and we will retain them as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
When we no longer have any ongoing legitimate business need to process the above personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it; or if this is not possible (for example, because said personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store the foregoing personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your Choices and Rights to Your Information
Under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, you have the data protection rights described below. If you want to exercise these rights, you can do so by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below:
- You can access, correct, or update your personal information.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, or ask us to restrict the processing of said personal information.
- You can also request to receive some of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent or request for deletion at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your or your children’s personal information conducted in compliance with lawful processing other than giving your consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
CBN Asia reserves the right to solely amend this notice at any time.
How to Contact Us
If you have any comments, questions or concerns with this Privacy Notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to:
Data Protection Officer: [email protected]
Revised: January 31, 2023