The NOC Technician will be primarily responsible for monitoring the network, servers, internet services and applications to ensure IT services are operating at a normal operating condition. The NOC Technician performs the first level response to events and incidents, performs analysis and remote diagnostics as necessary to resolve problems or qualify problems for escalation to other engineers. The Technician will utilize network management tools to detect abnormal behavior or failures within the Enterprise IT systems. The NOC Technician will participate in the reporting of events, incidents and normal operating status of all monitored systems and the operations of Data Loss Prevention functions. This position also includes supporting Life Cycle Management, Security Response measures and Local Area Network physical and logical plant installations and modifications for both data and telecommunications networks.
Duties and Tasks:
- Monitor network, server, internet services and applications to ensure availability and performance in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Perform first call resolution of Prayer Center staff support calls; escalate to Tier II or III if necessary.
- Maintain working knowledge of a wide range of systems and applications relevant to our environment
- Open, update and close all service management assigned ticket or tasks.
- Perform first level troubleshooting and diagnosis as well as event correlation.
- Performs advanced backup functions, including scheduling, restoring and troubleshooting, including tape management with offsite facilities.
- Follow IT Service recovery and escalation procedures to support timely and effective Incident Response and restoration activities.
- Publish regular reports for monitored services, systems and applications/components.
- Escalate unresolved issues as directed and keep stakeholders informed about issues that may affect services.
- Continually increase skill set by learning new technologies, operations, and/or strategies that improve job performance, effectiveness and daily operations.
- Interact politely and effectively with end users and maintain good customer relationships.
- Perform horizontal network cabling installation, changes, testing and troubleshooting.
- Perform inventory, management, and lifecycle activities against various configuration items that make up the infrastructure as well as IT service management.
- Performs activities in fulfillment of IT security such as patching, anti-virus deployment/rectification, and physical challenge to IT infrastructure.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Entry level industry certifications or 1-2 years experience preferred relating to infrastructure and network operations support
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and advance
- Ability to troubleshoot networks and systems using monitoring/alert tools
- Ability to work independently as well as on project teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Network Management Tools (Linux/Cisco a plus)
- Functional knowledge of Interactive Intelligence call center applications
- Functional knowledge of VMware Horizon View virtual desktop infrastructure
- Outstanding character, integrity, the ability to exhibit professionalism and good customer service skills are required
- Ability to communicate well both in written and oral form with a pleasant demeanor and perform both oral and written instructions
- Availability to work shifts and after hours as needed
- Ability to lift 30lbs. and use basic hand tools and use a ladder for overhead work.
MCP, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Server+
Basic knowledge of ITIL V3 a plus.
Reports to Manager of IT Infrastructure and Operations