The cameraman is responsible in implementing the techno-creative shots in studio tapings, remote shootings, special events required by internal and external CBN clients for both live and/or taped programs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- In charge of the set-up and operation of the video camera and related equipment to record video for Production for both live and taped programs for studio and remote set-up.
- Coordinates with the director, segment producer, and other crew members to discuss camera movements and lighting requirements of the shoot.
- Appropriately composes and frames each shot, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses, filters, and camera settings in order to achieve the effects sought by the segment producer.
- Captures and views raw footage to resolve problems of exposure control, subject and camera movement, changes in subject distance, and related variables to ensure quality footage.
- Tests, cleans, and maintains camera and its accessories to ensure its proper working condition.
- Ensures proper and safe transport and operation of the camera, lighting kit, and its accessories.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor camera repairs, as necessary.
- Promptly reports to his immediate supervisor/s major malfunctions, defects or damage encountered before, during, and after his shift.
- Abides by the company policies, rules and regulations set by the company/department/group/section.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Electronics and Communications Technology or Electronics Technician, licensed is an advantage.
- With at least two (2) years of equivalent work experience as a cameraman or videographer.
- Basic knowledge of electronics and camera operations.
- Good analytical, problem solving, time management, creative, and interpersonal skills.
- Keen eye for details.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Willing to be assigned for remote shoot/tapings such as but not limited to provincial, regional, and international coverages.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to adapt to sudden changes.