by GORDON ROBERTSON
Chief Executive Officer
God has a divine plan for your life, and He wants to pour out His blessings upon you!
Many people will read that sentence and reject it. They will think, God can’t use me, or, God is not interested in me. They will come up with a long list of problems that the Creator of the universe cannot possibly overcome: I’m too young. I’m too old. I don’t speak well. I’m not educated. I’m afraid. I have a bad reputation.
Do any of those excuses sound familiar? They were all used by people in the Bible, and, in every case, God was able to use them to do miraculous things. He can make beauty out of ashes. He can turn mourning into dancing. He can take scarlet sin and make it white as snow. He can even turn death into everlasting life.
He can also use you for His glory! Your adventure with God begins with these five principles:
1. God’s wonderful plan requires your active participation and will only succeed with your cooperation. God wants people who actively desire to be a part of His great plan.
2. Know what God’s Word says about you. All the promises of God are yes and amen for those who are in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 1:20). Memorize those verses in the Bible about believers, saints, disciples, or those who are in the kingdom. They are written for you and about you.
3. Let the truth of God’s Word become your vision: let it be what you hear, see and understand. This immersion in His Word will produce faith.
4. Faith always turns into action. Be a doer of the Word, not just a hearer (James 1:22).
5. Steadfastly obey God’s call on your life. God’s plan for us always requires obedience, and His Word tells us that obedience is better than sacrifice. This obedience needs to be motivated by love. Don’t grudgingly obey God; obey Him with a sincere heart, knowing God is working all things together for your good.
If you apply these principles, I know your life can become a wonderful adventure with God, just as it has for me.
Seventeen years ago, my wife and I felt called to go to Manila to start CBN Asia. I knew that God had a role for me to play in His great plan: He wanted me to move to the Philippines. I began to apply the above principles in my life. In less than three months, our possessions were sold, our bags were packed, and my wife, my daughter and I were on our way to Asia.
We arrived in Manila in July 1994, and on October 1, we started CBN Asia. A year later, Operation Blessing Philippines began. God took those early beginnings and grew them into a model for all of Asia.
In just five years, CBN Indonesia, CBN India, CBN Thailand, and CBN China all started broadcasting Christian programs to millions of viewers. God’s Word is true: And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God (Deuteronomy 28:2).
God wants His blessings to overtake you and overwhelm you. All you have to do is agree with the promises He has given you. Remember the simple steps that you can take to have an adventure with God.
• Desire to be a part of God’s plan.
• See the promises that God wants to give to you in His Word.
• Personalize them. Understand that God’s promises are for you, and allow your faith to grow.
• Let your faith turn to action. Do whatever God tells you to do.
• Steadfastly obey. Remember that God is working all things together for your good.
May God bless you richly above all that you could ever ask or think!
The Hand That Heals and Provides
Lovestruck: Your Refresher Course on Love
No Dream Too High, No Star Too Far
When Ten Equals a Hundred
The Prayer of Perseverance
Shining Like Stars Forever
Keeping Marriage In Tune
When Two Broken Hearts Become One
Living Water for the World
Keys to God’s Blessings
The Prayer of Faith
Rich in Good Works
Prayer That Gets an Answer
Giving and Receiving: Stars Talk About Their Cherished Gifts
Celebrate An Early Christmas on Bigay Todong Biyaya
Living With Purpose
The 700 Club Asia Invites YOU to PUSH Pilipinas!
Status: Still Single?
Let Us Stand with Israel
Teddy Corpuz: It's Showtime! part 1
What Does God Want Me to Do?
A Future of Abundance
Utang-galin: Go To Church!
Alvin Aragon: No Longer Pasaway
The Keys to the Kingdom
Is heaven part of your debt solution?
Studying: No Longer A Nightmare
Izzy Trazona: Dancing To A New Groove
Are You Being Robbed of God’s Peace and Power?
Utang-galin: The Contented Fisherman
The Power of Perseverance
Utang-galin: A Story of Two Seas
Utang-galin: How We Should Pray
Andi Manzano Shares the Music of Her Life (part 2)
Utang-galin: You Are Who God Thinks You Are
Andi Manzano Shares the Music of Her Life (part 1)
Utang-galin: Self Pity
Utang-galin: We Broke UP!
Practicing God's Will
Christian Broadcasting Network Asia’s yearly Lenten special Tanikala has topped afternoon ratings once more.
Israel Houghton and Planetshakers at the Smart Araneta
CBN Asia invites you as Becca Music presents a thrilling collaboration of contemporary Christian acts in a back-to-back concert this April 21, 7:30 p.m. at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
CBN Asia Boosts Presence in Mindanao
CBN Asia and its Family of Ministries hosted an open house event last February in Matina, Davao City to unveil a new office that will soon accommodate all of CBN Asia ministries in Davao City.
View older articles